When it comes to having repairs made on your favorite guitars and heirlooms, you want someone you can trust doing the work.
Duane Lewis has been repairing guitars and basses for over 30 years with Springfield Music, and has the experience necessary to handle your guitar related problems. Bring your guitar in for a FREE estimate. Our shop is the premier Ozarks’ guitar repair shop.
This is a small list of services we can perform on your favorite instrument.
If you have any questions regarding these services or any other work needed for your stringed instrument, call us at 417-881-1373
Basic Restring & Cleaning
The most important service that a guitarist or bassist needs is a good instrument setup. Your instrument will play easier, be in tune better, and work just as it is supposed to.
- $17.50 + price of strings
- Restring, Trust Rod Adjustment, & Cleaning – $30 + price of strings
- Full Professional Setup – $70
Our 7 Point Professional Stage & Studio Setup includes the following:
- Adjust the Action (the distance from the strings to the fretboard): Great action allows for easier playing with no buzzes or extraneous noises.
- Adjust Intonation: properly adjusted intonation allows the guitar to be in tune with itself up and down the neck.
- Check Electronics: For many guitars and basses, the internal wiring can contain less than ideal components, faulty switches, or worn jacks.
- Pickup Height Adjustment: the proper pickup height allows for the most balanced tone between all settings, with just the right amount of output.
- Complete Cleaning: we clean the guitar from top to bottom, making the guitar look like it just came from the factory.
- Restringing: using your preference of non-coated string brand and gauge, all of the adjustments listed above are made relative to your string choice.
- Final inspection: most of all it has to play great.
Pickup Installation (electric guitars)
Tired of your tone, but don’t have the money to buy a new guitar? You might be surprised how much difference a new set of pickups can make!
- Pickup installation – $35 / per pickup
- Pickup Installation (acoustic guitars)
- Turn your acoustic into a gigging machine
- Fishman pickup w/ volume control – $185 (installed)
- Fishman pickup w/ built in tuner – $395 (installed)
- Springfield Music has many pickup options, but these are our two most commonly used setups.
Warranty Service Center
Did you know that Springfield Music is an Authorized Warranty Service Center for Fender, Taylor, and Martin Guitars? This means we can service most warranty-issue repairs, right here in the store.
Give us a call at (417) 881-1373 for more information on our Warranty Service Center.